Monday, January 20, 2014

Hola Hola Hola - January 6, 2014

Familia Mia - 

It feels like forever since I have emailed you guys! The week has been great, just really long!

Well for starters, New Years was great!! :) I made homemade artichoke dip and it was a hit to say the least :) I would have made you proud mama ;) ha! We had to be in by 7:00 that night. Hermana Leo, who is in our branch, made us homemade flan and it was fantastic!!! Best flan I ever did have :)

So, I have to tell you a hilarious story that happened to me and Hermana Soto this week. Our car was almost empty in gas. So I pull up to a gas station, get out and stick the hose in the car and get back in because it was freezing! Hna. Soto and I are having a good conversation when Hna. Soto looks in the mirror and yells my name! I turn around to see gas FLYING out of our car! The pump did not stop automatically and continued to spray everywhere! I somehow managed to maneuver my way around and not get gas on my clothes! I seriously don't know how I did it. I pull the hose out and there is gas ALL over our car and all over the ground. It was just spreading like wild fire and covering the ground at the station. I look at the total, and it filled our 14 gallon tank with 20 GALLONS OF GAS!!!!! Oh my gosh. So we run inside and tell the ladies that work there what had happened. They refunded us the difference and had to go put an “out of order” sign on the pump. It was CRAZY!!!! Haha!

Other great things that happend this week...
1. Hermana Wilson curled my hair :)
2. I got a package from Sister Kaiser and it made my day!
3. I opened your New Years gifts and LOVED them!!!! Love the clothes, and love the book! thank you thank you
     thank you!
4. The Hermana's in my apt. did a gift exchange on New Years and it was really fun :)
5. We had a snow day, and couldn't leave our houses. (That isn't great)
6. SAM AND RICHARD COMMITTED TO A BAPTISM DATE!!!!!! FEB. 8TH :) I AM SO HAPPY!!!! SISTER HOER TOLD 
    ME ALL ABOUT IT :)
  
This week was also filled with cooking with Mama Martinez :) She taught us how to make real authentic mexican tacos! So you guys are in for a treat when I get home :) Haha! It was so much fun! And then it was also her son’s birthday (Jonathan who we are working with) yesterday. So we made tres leches! Your recipe mama! And it was a huge success!!! They didn't have any regular milk though, so we made it with soy milk and we forgot to get cool whip so we made our own icing and then we decorated it beautifully... haha! not quite the real deal, but they were tasty!

Another blessing this week was that we convinced all the Martinez children to prepare to go the temple in May. (that is my and hna soto's 10 month mark and when we actually get to go to the temple) so we got them to commit to come with us!!!!! BLESSINGS I TELL YOU!! Hermana Martinez is so happy. She never thought this would be happening. It makes me so happy! It makes those hard times worth it. You can experience true happiness through the gospel. People may think they have it all because they do what ever they want, and that may be true and they may be happy at that moment, but the gospel offers eternal happiness. Happiness that people have never felt before. And I really know that the only way to truly be happy is through this gospel! It is true!!!! And I am so grateful I get to see this change and happiness in others lives! Lennon I can't wait for you to see it too!

I love you guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Con Amor,

Hannah :)












No comments:

Post a Comment