Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Last week of transfers - will I stay, or will I go?? - June 2, 2014

Ok! Warning, this email will probably be scattered! I didn't write down things to tell you this week ... this could be all of the place.

So, this is the last week of the transfer. We will find out Saturday night if we stay or go and where. We are nervous. Hna Smith has been here for 4 transfers (6 months) so the chances of her leaving are high. We are hoping to get one more together though! I think I will stay. I would really like to stay in this area for at least 3 transfers! I have not stayed in an area for more than 2! That is not really normal. Ha! I have served in 5 different wards and Ally has only served in 2! Hna Smith has only been in 2 zones and this is her 3rd ward and she's been out about 3 months longer than me! I move a lot. So I hope I get to stay here for a little bit :) 

I went on exchanges this week with Sister Cardon :) She's my sister training leader right now. She is so cute!!!! I love her so much!! We had a lot of fun together!! We had some great appointments and she took me to meet their 91 year old investigator who is getting baptized this weekend!! She is adorable!! And I got to meet several really cute families from her ward. We had a great time! It was really fun! Then the next day before we exchanged back, she took me to lunch at this really cool place in Old Town! It is called Silver Grill :) (her mom gives her money for every exchange she goes on so she can take the sisters out to lunch) Oh yum!! I had this delish turkey panini with a yum yum yummy soup and then we got this amazing cinnamon roll sunday dessert!!  To die for!!! It was an awesome exchange :) 


I also got to have dinner with this cool family in the ward. They are awesome! He is an artist and an amazing one! He took us back to his studio! Ah! I was in heaven! it was so cool!! He does landscapesl! And he uses gold leafing in all of his work. He sells in art gallery's in New York, Florida, DC, all over the East Coast. They are just stunning! You should look his work up! His name is Talmage Watson (but he goes by Tal).

So, last week President Foster, our stake president, called us and wanted to meet. He told us it was about the Spanish group. (I might have told you this... sorry!) We got there and we got right down to business!! We highlighted EVERY name in the stake directory that sounded remotely spanish and he asked us to contact everyone that week! We were so pumped! We could tell he was wanting to get this group stronger and possibly turning it into a branch. He never came out and said that, but it was obvious. So this last week that is all we did! We contacted like crazy! We called Relief Society Presidents and missionaries and got as much info about people as we could. And then tried to contact everyone else that no one knew anything about. Then on Sunday, before church we complied all of our information and we wrote bios about EVERYONE!! My hand was cramping by the end! Then after church we met with President Foster again and presented our information to him. He was really impressed! The meeting was awesome! I love him! He is such a wonderful, good and inspired man! We need more men like him in the world! He would ask us things like, "do you think she would make a good RSP or he would be a good WML or HPGL?" Ah! It is so refreshing to have someone excited about the Spanish work! Unfortunately, a lot aren't. Some people think they should learn English and come to English wards. I have come to see that people should be able to go to church, worship God, understand what is being said, and feel the spirit in their native language. They can learn English in other ways. So it is refreshing and exciting to see him so excited about what is coming! I feel honored to be a part of it!! I think it will only be a matter of weeks before he gets this together!! Ah! So exciting! We have some more "unknown" people to contact this week. And some other people who have part member families. This is going to get our work going and growing! We will get investigators out of this! We will have waaaay more people to teach and visit in Spanish! Which is what we are called to do! We learned how to get this rolling! So now, if and when I get transferred to a new area I will know how to effectively contact and strengthen the Spanish groups!!! I can't wait! Such an exciting time! I can't wait to report more to you next week :) I love the hispanic people! Lennon i can't wait for you to serve and start your mission! These wonderful people are some of the most kind and giving and god loving people I know! I feel so blessed to serve with them. To be a missionary in this great time! In the hastening of the work! In the beautiful state of Colorado! I love what I am doing! I love the people! I love our Savior and feel honored to be able to wear his name on my chest for 18 months. Es un gran bendicion!!! I know he lives! 

I love you all!! Thanks for the Birthday wishes :) I really appreciate it! I will be partying hard :) We are going to get up early and go hike "horsetooth" (it is this legit hike in Fort Collins) and do our studies up there! Then we are going to go to this place called "Fat Shack" for lunch. They sell these burgers that only have appetizers on them. So not meat or cheese or stuff like that. You get a hamburger with onion rings/mozzarella sticks or things like that and then they deep fry it! They also have deep fried desserts like oreos, twinkies, snickers, etc. Sounds disgusting right!? But i hear it is actually pretty good and is a must try in Fort Collins! We are also planning on visiting our favorite people :) I am really excited!!!!! Gonna be a great day!!  

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! 

Con Carino,
HANNAH 

P.S. Just realized I forgot to talk about John. So we had an AMAZING lesson with him this week!! His mom sat in and it was awesome times 10! We left and he told his mom he felt the spirit really strong. He told us he has some issues about Joseph Smith. So we tried to resolve his concerns and it went really well! But then at church yesterday (he came btw) his mom told us that his dad basically talked him out of wanting to be baptized. UGH!!!! He knows it is true! And so does his dad. They are concerned about the responsibly it will bring. I am just in shock that a father would talk a child out of something so good and pure and true. John isn't saying he won't ever get baptized. I know he wants to. But he is for sure hesitant and now his dad has put doubts in his mind. I hope we have some amazing lessons with him this week and are able to resolve some of his concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment