Saturday, May 17, 2014

Happy Mother's Day Mamasita :) May 12, 2014

Hola, Hola! THAT WAS THE BEST CONVERSATION EVER!!!


I am not going to write a whole lot since i got to talk to you last night :) 

It has been a great week!! The highlight of the week was setting one of our investigators up with a baptismal date! May 31st is the big day :) His name is John and he is 14. He is really cool! I am really excited for him! So please keep him in your prayers so that he will feel ready to be baptized by that date :) 

Probably the craziest thing that happened this week was having to help a 90 year old change her diaper... haha!! It was crazy! But luckily, Hermana Smith got in her changing diaper zone (she was a nurse at a nursing home antes de la mision) and she took care of business! Oh and the weather was crazy! Hail, I mean hail!!!







We have had cats sitting on our car this week, and toads in the roads. We got out to save the toad, and when we got back in the car it jumped out in front of us and we ran over it. No lie! It didn’t die, but we may have maimed it :( 





Also, one of the members showed us her original newspaper when JFK was assassinated. And another member let us ride her motorized scooter in the hallway after we cleaned her apartment. You know me, I can’t pass that up! You never know what you are going to see or do from week to week on the mish :)




Another highlight of the week was going to the Elder's baptism on Saturday. Their investigator is mentally challenged. And when he was baptized he didn't go under all of the way. His head was still dry. They told him he would have to do it again and he said, "Oh, it's ok" and stuck his head under the water so it got wet. It was darling!! So sweet!! Such a testimony of true kindness, meekness, simplicity and love. It was really touching. 

I loved talking to you guys last night!! I felt like I had never left you. Which was really refreshing! Makes me realize how fast time flies and how blessed we are when we serve the Lord. I was worried I would feel like I was missing out on things back home, but I didn't feel that way at all. In our Zone Meeting this week one of the Sister Training Leaders talked about the General Conference talk "Your Four Minutes" by Bishop Gary E. Stevenson. She compared our lives to 4 minutes. And she calculated, if we all lived to be 80 years old how long (of those 4 minutes) our missions would be. For sisters it was only 4 and a half seconds and for elders 6 seconds!! That is it!! This time FLIES!! In retrospect, a year and a half is nothing. And so, I want to give it my all!! And seeing you all yesterday made me realize how fast these 4 and a half seconds are going! I am grateful for this time! I am grateful to share my testimony with others! To share what I know and love with the people of Colorado! I know this is where I am supposed to be. It has blessed my life immensely so far! And has changed me forever!

Mamasita - I am glad you liked your Mama Day present! We have to go to this consignment shop when you pick me up. Here are some pics of the place. You would love everything in there! 


I love you all!! Thank you for your support!! It helps me so much when days get hard :) TENGAN UNA SEMANA BUENISMA!!! 

con amor,
HaNnAh :)

p.s. Hermana Smith and I have created a fun schedule for ourselves for each day of the week: haha! I included some pics!!

MONDAYS - Family Home Evening with a game :)
TUESDAYS - "Steamers" - aka as homemade facials
WEDNESDAYS - at this point, I am not disclosing what we are doing - nothing disobedient, just saving to tell you later!!
THURSDAYS - Throwback Thursday, writing down memories :)
FRIDAYS - Yoga
SATURDAYS - Sleepover, yes, we are making  a fort every Saturday night!!
SUNDAYS - Stargazing :)



No comments:

Post a Comment