Saturday, September 14, 2013

Hey everybody - September 9th


Hey fam fam!! First of all... THANK YOU FOR THE PACKAGE!!! It made my day! The treats are amazing!! I'm eating some caramels right now as I am emailing you :) And the scarf... I LOVE IT!! You all know me so well!!! Thank you so much!!! 

Second of all... Remember when we had the sister missionaries over for dinner and then I went on splits with them? Remember Sister Wachlin? She might be serving in another ward now. Well, guess what!? She said she had a sister serving in the Denver North Mission. Well, when the mission got split, she was put into my mission and we are currently serving together in the same zone! I see her all of the time! I didn't even make the connection until this week! We were doing service at this really cool place called Bead For Life in Boulder and I was talking to her, and then it just clicked in my head! Small world! I know the church is true when connections like this happen! It really is just amazing! How great and amazing is it that Heavenly Father has planned out all of these small little details for everyones lives!? It is awesome!! So, I think you took a picture of me and the sisters when I went on splits... could you find it and send it to me so I can show my Sister Wachlin?? And I will take a pic with her and send it to you so you can show her sister!

Mom -  you were asking if we are part of the JustServe program and we are! It is so neat!! I love it! That is what we were doing at the Bead For Life place. We have to get 10 hours of service done each week. It is a pilot program they are testing out in our mission. It is awesome! The Bead place is really cool! It is a company helping people in Africa. They make necklaces and bracelets and tons of different things out of the paper beads the women in Africa make. I help sort the beads and do stuff for them! We also volunteer at a place called Precious Child where we sort clothing that gets donated to the less fortunate. It is great! They play really good music at both of these places too :) Haha! At BFL they play the Ingrid Station on Pandora or Mumford and Sons! I LOVE IT! It is a tender mercy from Heavenly Father :) Haha! Speaking of music... I asked Lennon to send me some music, I gave her some requests. She never responded though... so I don't know if you all are working on sending me some, but will you please!? Also, does Mindy Gledhill have a church CD? If so, will you send it to me?? THANKS!!!

It has still been a slow week... but it was better than last week! We have an appointment set up for Wednesday with a lady named Kathleen. She is neighbors with the Decker family. (Which, he didn't have pres. green as his president. he came in right after, so i don't think you served with him... but you might know his wife's family!! The San Fernando's! He was a stake president while you were serving. Sound familiar???) Anyway, I am really excited for our appointment and hope it goes well!! PRAY FOR ME!!

And this week we met with another an awesome family in the ward! They are new converts as of 2 years! The Drake family! Sister Drake was watching TV one day when an “I'm A Mormon” ad came on. It was the one about the Harley Davidson guy. She was interested and so she ordered a Book of Mormon and 2 missionaries came with it! Haha! They started taking the discussions and then got baptized! Great story! They are hilarious! Sister Jarvis and I went to meet them one night and we stayed FOREVER talking to them! It was so fun! I love the relationships I am making with families and people here! It is amazing! Another family I just absolutely love are the Kaisers! I think I told you a little about them. They are just so awesome! Sister Kaiser is amazing! And reminds me of you, Mom! They are so sweet and make sure we are always being taken care of! I also love the Engstrums! (They are who we are moving in with today!) Sister Engstrum and Sister Kaiser are actually sisters. They are just such awesome people! I am so excited to move in with them! They had my package and were so cute when they gave it to me :) 

So... I have a couple of questions for you all... and comments :)

1. Have you sold the Explorer & Lennon are you remembering to make payments on my Civic??

2. How did Jenna Johnson do in So You Think You Can Dance?

3. Thank you for working on the skirt mom! 

4. MOM- get on FB and friend Sister Jarvis' mom!! NICOLE JARVIS- we want you all to be friends! :)

5. Where is Gpa from in Iowa? There are some Iowa connections here and I need some info to see if there are people they may know in common :)

6. That is so cool that Courtney put her papers in!!! Keep me posted on where she gets called to!! 

7. That is so exciting about Coach Cooke having her baby!! Send me a pic of him! Also, I hope she is doing ok! I will keep her in my prayers! 

8. Pdays are always a little different... one week we played bball at a church, last week we played football and played water balloons games with the YSA ward in our stake. And today we are going to play mini golf :) As far as regular exercise, Sister Jarvis and I go for a walk or run every morning! 

9. THAT STORM LOOKED CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAZY!!!!!!! I can not believe it!! WOOOOOOOW!!!! I am glad you are all ok!!! I hope the rest of Provo is!!!! Way to go BYU!!! 

10. Thank you so much for all of the pictures this week! You all look SO beautiful!!!!!! I LOVE the pic of Lennon and Max in the piggyback!!!! I took a pic on my camera so I can look at it through out the week :)

11. Thank you for telling me about the Roberts funeral! What an amazing family!!!!!!! I wish I could have been there! It sounds like it was so spiritual! How amazing to have Elder Anderson there. Thank you for sharing the 3 things they talked about! I wrote them down so I could work on them too :) 
The Gospel really is just soooo amazing! It blesses peoples lives tremendously. I really don't know how people can survive not knowing about the Plan of Salvation! Knowing that there is a purpose for our lives and a plan for after is so comforting during those hard times! I am so grateful for the chance to share this amazing plan with the people in Colorado!!! 

I LOVE YOU ALL SOOOOOOOO MUCH!! Thanks for being so awesome!!!!!!! 

Love,
Hannah :)
















































PDay Fun





































Good thing I used to be on the golf team at Timpview!!! JK





































Fun times!!





































Me and a mushroom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment