Monday, November 10, 2014

I Make a Mean Tres Leches - November 3, 2014

Hey Fam Fam :) 

Well we had a great week! Lots of things happened! Many miracles :)

So on Monday we went over and had a lesson with M and her son. It was her birthday and she wanted to make us dinner! We already had dinner right before nothing like doubling up! But it was fun and totally worth it! We had a great lesson with them! We read 2 Nephi 31 :) And then we committed them to being baptized on December 6th!!! :) Yay! It was great! Then after we enjoyed a homemade Tres Leches made by none other than yours truly :) They LOVED it and said it totally tasted like it was straight from Mexico! We went back later that week and M told me her daughter came over the next day and brought her a chocolate cake but no one touched it... they proceeded to get my tres leches out of the fridge and eat it. No one has eaten the chocolate cake yet! hahaha! :)


On Tuesday we had interviews with President Brown. They went well :) But the best was that right before the interviews, Hermana Smith (aka, Makaal) and her mom came!!! So I got to see them and it was fabulous!! I love them! Mama Jen is awesome!! And Luis came! He told us he just got his mission call to San Fernando CA Spanish speaking!! I am SO happy for him!!! Hermana Smith and I had so many good times with Luis and it is so great to see him now getting ready to leave on a mission! He leaves Dec. 3rd :) 


Also on Tuesday we had exchanges with the Broomfield sisters :) I was so fun to get to go back to Broomfield! Even though it was a different ward than I served in :) The exchange went really well! Sister Nolin and I had a lot of fun! We tracted for 2 hours! We tracted into a member... #embarassing. And then we also talked with a Jehovah's Witness for about 30 minutes! It was awesome! She was super nice! We were able to teach her a little bit about the Plan of Salvation on her door step. She wasn't interested in learning more. But she had a lot of respect for us and she gave us some of her magazines and we gave her some of our pamphlets and it was great :)
We had a lesson with R and J. It started off well... but then J went on about all of these beliefs he has and how no one sincerely tries to see things from his point of view but we expect him to see things from ours... #nottrue Then he told us he thought we were 27 years old ... 27!!! Are you kidding me!! I was so offended - haha! That is almost 30!! haha! Not cool J! I guess I will forgive him :) R is progressing and doing really well and is really interested in what we have to say. She said the closing prayer, which was huge! And she wants to make us papusas :) Yum!

Halloween was good :) We couldn't really do  much... we had a couple lessons, did our weekly planning and cleaned our car and waxed and waterproofed our boots! haha! So it was a productive day! :) We were in by 6 :)

Also this week our zone had a challenge that whoever in the zone had the most baptismal dates and less-actives at church (combined) would win a free lunch provided by their district leader... and guess who won?? We did!! With a total of 3 dates and 3 less actives :) So Elder Arnado gave us some money and we are going to go out to lunch today :) He wasn't too happy about it haha


Also, great news that Hna. Stratford told me that I haven't told you all: FORT COLLINS GOT THE SPANISH BRANCH!!!!! It literally started the week after I left... so that was kinda hard for me... but I am just so happy it happened and that I got to play such a big part in getting it started! Now we have 2 branches in our entire mission... ha! So happy to hear such miracles are happening in the place and with the people i love so much!! 

AND... P has a date to be baptized too!! Nov. 22 :) I hope I can go back and see her baptism! And I also heard that since the spanish branch started, M has come to his senses and is ready to be baptized! Sounds like he is serious! I hope I can go and see his too!! 

I love these experiences I am having! I have grown to love everyone so much!! And I love everyone here in Boulder! I love hearing about the miracles happening with those I love in Fort Collins! I am so happy! And it is truly a happiness we can experience through missionary work, by inviting people to come unto Christ! I love it! These last 6 weeks are going to be amazing! I just know it! Many more miracles are on there way!! Ally and I are going to do our best to try and get a branch started here in Boulder! We have a lot of work to do but I know we can help get it started in the right direction!

Well, I love you all so much!!! Talk to you next week :)

Love,

Hannah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment